As the days grow shorter and the darkness comes earlier, it’s common to reflect on the preceding, brighter months, recall our labors, and appreciate the harvest. Throughout the United States, people pause and give thanks for good food, warm company, and sundry blessings. At Genimex, this holiday season has special meaning because we have reached an important milestone: 50 years of helping clients connect with success in Asian manufacturing.
Genimex was founded as a family business in 1973 to be a global turnkey manufacturer, shepherding our clients’ projects from design to delivery, and helping them to achieve all the advantages of outsourcing while avoiding potential pitfalls. Our mission was to establish lasting partnerships with our clients by being a dependable supplier. Innovation and adaptation were to be core values that enabled us to accomplish that mission.
Fast-forward to 2023, and Genimex has remained true to our founding principles, and, in terms of those lasting relationships with loyal clients, we have reaped a bountiful harvest. We now celebrate half a century of manufacturing across a plethora of categories in the hard goods sector. In doing so, we’ve supported global brands from the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
We’ve engaged in more than 30 markets with a network boasting more than 400 vetted suppliers; a dedicated team of designers, engineers, account management, and quality assurance and control; and in-house/in-country support to guide clients through every phase of product development and manufacturing.
Experience plus innovation have kept Genimex ahead of the curve
The key is our sustained success has been evolving with the manufacturing industry. As a turn-key manufacturer, we’ve sought to connect clients with the best suppliers to meet their needs. That means keeping abreast of changes and developments in foreign manufacturing sectors, and connecting where our clients can be best served. Also, as manufacturing processes have evolved, we’ve continually upgraded our value-added services by adopting new technologies that support design for manufacturing and quality control. By always striving to stay a step ahead of current practices, we’ve evolved into a turnkey manufacturing solution for brands ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Our key areas of innovation have included:
- Manufacturing footprint — Starting in mainland China, we’ve expanded our zone of operations to Southeast Asia, India, and North America. This worldwide presence enables us to remain competitive, despite fluctuations in markets, industries, and international relations.
- Diversification— Before diversifying supply chains became a hot topic, our leadership team was focused on building resilience through a fully vetted network covering an expansive geographic area. Diversification has remained a key initiative to aid our portfolio of clients. For example, expanding our manufacturing footprint beyond mainland China has proven valuable for clients who would have lost their competitive edge due to tariffs.
- Flexibility — Genimex has always sought to provide solutions that meet the needs of our client companies. We shepherd them past their various pain points toward the results their project demands.
- Quality Assurance— We have always taken an active role in assuring the quality of goods. Having assembled a highly capable team of quality engineers and onsite inspectors, (performing roughly 10,000 quality inspections), we continue to improve internal processes to ensure products meet and exceed our clients’ standards.
- Design and engineering — By putting designs through a process known as DFM (design for manufacturing), our designers and engineers assess whether products are ready for mass production. We offer suggestions on design modifications and advise on various steps in the process, including prototyping, material selection, and tooling. This guidance consistently delivers better results and significant savings to our clients.
- Product support— Genimex provides personalized guidance for our clients at every phase of product development and manufacture. Our team is constantly adding internal resources to help support product development and manufacturing. This forward-thinking has enabled us to stay ahead of ever-changing processes and capabilities across the manufacturing landscape.
This detailed and innovative approach has enabled Genimex to grow our product portfolio continuously across a variety of hard goods, including electronics. But we believe we are just getting started, and we eagerly look forward to the next 50 years of service to our clients.